Hailing from Sydney, Australia Flume is the stage-name of Harley Streten. He is playing all over Austin during SXSW and wherever he is you can expect to see asses a shakin'. After playing 8 showcases at CMJ, Flume is poised to become one of the big names in the indie-electronic community. It wouldn't surprise me to hear his production work hit U.S. radio within the next year as his work starts to be commissioned by bigger-name pop stars. In a day-and-age where an artist like Calvin Harris can finally break-thru it seems like this could be Harley Streten's moment. If you're a fan of Chet Faker or Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs I'm sure that you'll enjoy Flume.
Flume - Stay Close video via YouTube
As I mentioned, you'll have many opportunities to catch a set from Flume during SXSW 2013. I've listed some of them below but as usual, it's possible that these listings will change so keep an eye out.
- Wednesday, March 13 - Windish Showcase - Red 7
- Wednesday, March 13 - Spotify Party - Spotify House
- Thursday, March 14 - I Guess I'm Floating - Hype Hotel
- Thursday Mar 14 - Austin - Transgressive Showcase - Latitude 30
- Thursday Mar 14 - Austin - And/Hidden/Kobalt - The Blackheart
- Friday Mar 15 - Austin - Laneway Party - Red 7
- Friday Mar 15 - Austin - Future Classic x Bond - Electric Lounge
- Saturday March 16 - Austin - Aussie BBQ - Maggie Mae's