So I woke up this morning with the feeling that there was some nugget of SXSW info out in the interwebs that I was missing. Some elusive R.S.V.P. that I might miss, "Oh no!". Fear not dear reader, this is just how you're supposed to feel 22 days before SXSW. You know why? Because I was right, there is an R.S.V.P. out there that I just won't get, there are actually a lot of them. This is because it is not possible for you, I, nor anyone else, to see all the shows you want to see during SXSW week. So get over it, and plan ahead! Use the bus when you're in town, it sucks but it doesn't suck as bad as traffic and parking. Besides using the bus is a great way for you to plan to be drunk, which you should. There is free booze everywhere during SXSW, so just assume you're going to be drunk and plan accordingly. I'm thinking disposable cell phone maybe?
Here's some old, free Grizzly Bear tracks to mull over in the mean time. Courtesy of GrizzlyBear.net. Thanks.
Free Mp3 ---> Grizzly Bear - Deep Sea Diver
Free Mp3 ---> Grizzly Bear - On a Neck, On a Spit
Free Mp3 ---> Grizzly Bear - Don't Ask [Final Fantasy Remix]
Free Mp3 ---> Grizzly Bear - He Hit Me
Free Mp3 ---> Grizzly Bear - Knife [Girl Talk Remix]
Find some videos from bands to look for after the jump, along with a review of some helpful websites to scour.
Rather than just regurgitate some links I've already posted, I'm just going to point you here. Oh, and I also wanted to mention another site that I'm adding to my sidebar. It's local, and it's informative and I always forget about it until this time of year rolls around. So you should also check out --->Ultra 8201 <--- .
I should also extrapolate on all the shhhh you can do and get done over at Do512 they sent me a follow up e-mail the last time I posted about them and it had a lot of info. Here's their little press-release type thing they sent me:
Do512.com is the Ultimate Guide to All Official and Unofficial SXSW Events.
Whether you're a veteran sporting a Platinum Badge, or a local looking for the best FREE parties, Do512 makes it easy to navigate SXSW: SXSW2009.Do512.com/bands
* No Badge or Wristband? No Fear, free music and beer still awaits you! Do512 has the biggest list of free parties on the web, including exclusive RSVP-only events.
* Got a Badge or Wristband? Pick your official showcases, screenings, and panels listed by hour, so you don't miss a thing.
* Browse through the most comprehensive list of Official and Unofficial SXSW events on the web. Over 4500 showcases, films, panels, and parties, all ranked by popularity.
* Discover new bands. Browse recommendations from other media and bloggers, or by type of music. Check out audio, video, and reviews for over 2500 bands.
* Build a personal schedule by simply clicking on the artists you like or navigating events by hour.
* Share your schedule with friends by embedding your schedule widget on your blog or Myspace/Facebook page.
* Access your schedule anywhere--on your mobile phone or with our print-friendly version (coming soon).
* Who's hot this year? Check out recommendations and reviews from over 30 top bloggers and music media.
* Promote your SXSW event on Do512! It's FREE to list events, and FREE to use Do512's RSVP feature.
* Register to receive Do512's Top 10 Parties of the Day emails during SXSW week.
* Follow Do512 on Twitter (Twitter.com/Do512) for up-to-the-minute festival updates.
Here's some vids from bands to catch and SXSW 2009:
It's probably going to be harder to NOT see the Vivian Girls they are playing approximately a billion shows in four days.
Vivian Girls - Tell the World video via YouTube
Harlem LOVES to play house parties, book them now before it's too late.
Harlem - Beautiful and Very Smart video via YouTube
SOOOO much hype for WaVVes right now.
WaVVes - So Bored video via YouTube
White Lies are the new NME IT band.
White Lies - Death video via YouTube
Jason Lytle is the come-back hype. He used to be in Grandaddy.
Jason Lytle - Birds Encouraged Him video via YouTube
Big band to try to catch for free, I'm going to vote for The Hold Steady cause I bet they're fun live and their playing the Rachel Ray Party.
The Hold Steady - Stay Positive video via YouTube